USCIS Updates: In-Person Services at USCIS Offices & Premium Processing for Cap-Cases
18. Mar. 2020
Today, March 18th, USCIS announced it is suspending all in-person services at its field offices, asylum offices and Application Support Centers (ASCs) to fight the spread of COVID-19. Details of this temporary closure:
- The suspension of services will be effective until at least April 1.
- USCIS will provide limited emergency services. Call the Contact Center for assistance with emergency services.
- USCIS field offices will send cancellation notices to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments and naturalization ceremonies.
- USCIS asylum offices will send interview cancellation notices and automatically reschedule asylum interviews.
- USCIS will automatically reschedule ASC appointments and send new appointment letters in the mail.
- Individuals with an InfoPass or other appointments must reschedule through the USCIS Contact Center once field offices are open to the public again. Please check to see if your field office has been reopened before reaching out to the USCIS Contact Center.
Separately, USCIS announced it will accept Premium Processing (PP) requests for cap-subject H-1B petitions in two-phases:
- First, USCIS will only accept PP for cap-subject H-1Bs requesting a change of status from F-1 status. This will begin no later than May 27, 2020.
- Subsequently, and no sooner than June 29, 2020, USCIS will resume PP for all other cap-subject H-1Bs.