Immigration Law Group, LLP (“ILG” or “we”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and their employees, and any affected data subjects (“you”) in compliance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations, including the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We will responsibly protect the information you provide to us and the information we collect and process on your behalf.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process your personal information when you provide it to us or submit online via questionnaires and/or forms. Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you, for example, your name, title, company, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, your personal data and family information, educational background, and employment history. We may automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with us. We may collect information from other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content.
Information you provide to us
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels; when you sign up for or request that we send you newsletters, alerts, or other materials; when you apply for a position with us; when you sign up for a webinar or event; and when you respond to our communications or requests for information. The information you provide may include your name, contact information, title, and information about the organization with which you are affiliated. We may require that you enter a password or other information to access certain features, and we collect such credentials when you enter them.
Information we collect from other sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us: update, expand, and analyze our records; identify new clients; or prevent or detect fraud. We may also receive information about you from social media platforms including but not limited to when you interact with us on those platforms or access our social media content. The information we may receive is governed by the privacy settings, policies, and/or procedures of the applicable social media platform, and we encourage you to review them.
Use of your information
We may use the information we collect:
- To complete your request or as necessary to provide immigration services to you and your family, including disclosure to government agencies in the form of petitions and applications for immigration benefits;
- To respond to your inquiries;
- To provide you with legal and other services that you request;
- To companies that provide services to help us with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- To send you newsletters, legal news, marketing communications, and other information or materials that may interest you;
- To maintain our database;
- For ILG’s business purposes, including data analysis; submitting invoices; detecting, preventing, and responding to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement;
- To evaluate, recruit, and hire personnel; and
- As we believe reasonably necessary or appropriate to: comply with our legal obligations; respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties; or protect your, our, or others’ rights.
How we share the information
ILG is a provider of legal services. We share information with each other for business purposes such as internal administration, billing, promoting our events and services, and providing you or your organization with services.
We may also disclose information we collect:
- To our third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, and information technology providers.
- To law enforcement, other government authorities or third parties (within or outside the jurisdiction in which you reside) as may be permitted or required by the laws of any jurisdiction that may apply to us; as provided for under contract; or as we deem reasonably necessary to provide legal services. In these circumstances, we take reasonable efforts to notify you before we disclose information that may reasonably identify you or your organization, unless prior notice is prohibited by applicable law or is not possible or reasonable in the circumstances.
- To service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Updating, accessing, correcting personally identifiable information
Upon request, ILG will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer wish to retain our service, you may update, amend, or correct by contacting us via email, telephone, or postal mail at our business address and contact information posted on our website.
Information related to data collected for our clients
ILG collects information under the direction of its clients/employers and the individual directly, known as the client employee or beneficiary. ILG may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third-parties are covered by the services agreements with our clients.
ILG acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who has a relationship with ILG through ILG’s clients/employers and who therefore is the employee/beneficiary, who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, update, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his/her inquiry to ILG team working on his/her case. If you would like the data to be removed from ILG’s systems, you should contact your employer (the data controller).
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our clients for as long as needed to provide services to our clients. We will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. This same process also applies to any service provider that was engaged with to render service to you.
Security of information and transmission via the internet
We may implement security features to prevent the unauthorized release of personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via email or website. Therefore, we are not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the internet and any transmission is at your own risk.
Right of access
Upon request, and subject to any exemptions which may apply, ILG will grant you reasonable access to personal information that we hold about you within a reasonable period from the date of request.
Any access request may be subject to a reasonable fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Transfer, storage, and processing of information
The information that you give us or that we collect from you may be transferred to, or stored at, a destination within the United States or where our offices are located. This data may be processed by our staff at such destinations. We ensure appropriate security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized disclosure of personal information. By providing your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing.
Protection and storage of the information
We deploy administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to comply with applicable legal requirements and safeguard the information that we collect. This includes, when required or appropriate and feasible, obtaining written assurances from third parties that may access your data that they will protect the data with safeguards designed to provide a level of protection equivalent to that adopted by the firms.
However, no information system can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
We retain the information we collect no longer than as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the information and to comply with our legal obligations.
Your choices and rights
If you no longer wish to receive newsletters, alerts, updates, communications from us, you can let us know by sending us an email at email@example.com. The electronic communications we send you will contain opt-out mechanisms that allow you to unsubscribe or register your preferences.
Subject to applicable laws, you may have certain rights regarding information that we have collected and that is related to you. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that we have collected about you is inaccurate. You can also ask us to see what personal information we hold about you, to erase your personal information and you may tell us if you object to our use of your personal information.
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us with questions about our privacy practices, please send us an email via to your designated attorney or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immigration Law Group, LLP
3590 North First Street, Suite 310
San Jose, CA 95134
Tel. (408) 432-9200