ILG represents EB-5 investors in obtaining U.S. permanent residency and entities in seeking Regional Center designation. ILG will successfully guide investors through the highly-complex EB-5 laws and the constantly-shifting USCIS regulations and adjudication standards.
We offer EB-5 investors the following services:
- Insights and advice throughout the EB-5 process
- Analysis of all facts pertaining to each investor’s situation and present the investor with the best available options
- Answer questions or concerns each investor has
- Conduct due diligence on Regional Centers on investor’s behalf
- Advocate the investor’s interests in dealing with EB-5 Regional Centers
- File the I-526 petition on the investor’s behalf
- Advise the investor regarding the U.S. consular interview process
- File the I-485 application on the investor’s behalf (if present in the U.S.)
- File the I-829 petition on the investor’s behalf
The EB-5 program provides U.S. permanent residency (green card) status when a foreign investor invests a minimum of $500,000 USD into a business and creates 10 full-time jobs (or $1,000,000 if the EB-5 business is not located in a Targeted Employment Area).
There are generally two types of EB-5 investment: Direct Investment or Regional Center investment:
(1) Direct investment generally requires an investor to establish a new business, or purchase an existing business (e.g., restaurant, retail store, factory, winery, etc.), which creates full-time employment for at least 10 U.S. citizens or authorized immigrant workers. For more details, please click Here.(link to Direct EB-5 Investment sub-category)
(2) Regional Center investment allows multiple investors to invest into the same Regional Center that is pre-approved by USCIS to accept EB-5 investors. The Regional Center usually seeks 20-150 investors for each of their project, and the project will create hundreds of, or even thousands of, jobs that will be allocated to the each investor invested in the project. For example, Regional Centers are frequently used by real estate developers where a $20 million hotel or office building project may seek and accept up to 20 EB-5investors. For more details, please click Here. (link to RC EB-5 sub-category)
Whether direct EB-5 investment or Regional Center EB-5 investment, they both enjoy the advantages of EB-5 program, which include: (1) expedited green card for the entire family (children under 21); (2) ability to travel in and out, live and work in the U.S. without a visa; (3) free public school for children and resident tuition at state universities; and (4) ability to sponsor green card for relatives.
The investor and family members will initially be granted a two-year conditional green card. Within ninety (90) days before the conditional green card expires, ILG will file the petition to remove the conditions so that green card becomes permanent.
If you are interested in the EB-5 program, please contact us at (408) 432-9200 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to consult with one of our attorneys.