In February 2013, the Department of Labor (DOL) published select statistics for the Permanent Labor Certification Program (PERM) for Q1 FY 2013 (i.e., October through December 2012). Notable statistics for FY 2013 PERM applications include the following:
- No. of Cases Received: 16,724
- No. of Cases Processed: 14,335
- No. of Cases Certified: 12,123
- No. of Cases Denied: 1,523
- No. of Cases Withdrawn: 680
- Percentage of Cases Audited: 37%
The percentage of denied cases is down from approximately 20% as published in the statistics released for Q1 FY 2012. However, the percentage of applications undergoing audit review is up approximately 11%. This increase is ongoing and has been expected as DOL previously confirmed that it has set a goal of conducting integrity checks on 30% of PERM cases.
Statistics can be found at http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/pdf/perm_labor_certification.pdf.