Change of Address 

Remember to provide new contact information to USCIS to remain in compliance.


How can I notify USCIS when my address changes?

You can complete form AR-11 online here.

A willful failure to give written notice to the USCIS of a change of address within 10 days of moving to the new address is a misdemeanor crime. If convicted, you (or the parent or legal guardian of a foreign national under 14 years of age who is required to give notice) can be fined up to $200 or imprisoned up to 30 days, or both. You may also be subject to removal from the United States. (INA Section 266(b)). Compliance with the requirement to notify the USCIS of any address changes is also a condition of your stay in the United States. Failure to comply could also jeopardize your ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefit.

Must I continue to update my address after I receive a green card?

Yes. If you are not a U.S. Citizen, you must continue to update your address.